Wednesday, November 17, 2010

White Rabbit Gallery

Entry fee, opening times & location are ...
Free Admission
Opening Hours Thursday-Sunday | 10am-6pm
30 Balfour St. Chippendale

White Rabbit art theme is ...
White Rabbit Gallery is a Chinese contemporary art. Most of the artists in the collection were born and reside in China. And Works in the White Rabbit Collection include drawings, oil paintings, ink paintings, Flash video, photography, pixel art, sculptures, and installation art. I think, It is a small china world.


My favorite piece of art is ...

My favorite piece of art is "Beyond Satisfaction".

When I saw this art, actually it was very disgusting. But when I heard about the art work at full length from guide, It was really impressive. This art work describes the consumer society critically. There are many thing in fat character's body such as jewelry, pearl, lips and something like that. It means that people's greed and desire. This art work made me think about what is really important to me and just think about myself whether I spent my life in pursuit of appearance.


Born:
1972, Miaoming, Guangdong Province. Lives and works in Beijing Chen Fei is a Chinese
artist whose subjects are grotesque and disproportionate creatures, which have some features typical of classic kawaii, the pinkish complexion, the plump figure, the full lips and the small limbs, but that it is difficult to say that they are kawaii.



My least favorite piece of art is ...


Jing Zhiyong's works look like kindergarten paintings. It was funny and interesting. Also I could understand little bit the artist's perspective and wit. I know, the paintings reflect himself as a childhood, acting out a mix of childhood memories and dreams like a curiosity woman's underwear, hero and protect others. But It did not give a strong impression. Because I could not understand young boy's mind fully and connect with this painting what he want to tell. just want to talk his childhood and funny memories?

Born: Yantai City, Shandong, 1986. Lives and works in Beijing


When I was at the White Rabbit Gallery, I felt ...

Actually, I do not know about chinese art and I thought It will be very different. But when I was in there, I could understand many art works easily and commune with that even if we have different nationality, language and culture. So I felt that "Art is basically the same the world over." And the gallery art was really fresh and fun such as flash animations , video and some sculptures.


(*all picture from white rabbit gallery website_http://www.whiterabbitcollection.org/)

No comments:

Post a Comment